Friday, April 13, 2007

XP Vs Ubuntu

My Windows XP is slowly dying. It started by giving subtle hints by refusing to shut down properly. I've been doing my share of ignoring those subtle hints. Now XP says enough is enough and is attacking me with infamous Blue screen of death. Everytime i log in the blue screen appears within 5 mins. I got to try to copy all the required data from C drive to D and then install windows again. The problem in installing windows again would be that Windows doesn't give a damn about whether the machine is running other Operating Systems too. It just overwrites the Master Boot Record and ignores all other OS', in my case Ubuntu. Now I need to learn how to get grub working again once i re-install windows XP. Have been doing a lot of reading on that as well. From what I've read it's doesn't look too tough. Again me being the paranoid me, wouldn't be fully convinced unless I actually try it out.

Let's see.... Wish me luck!

No comments: